FREE EVENT! As part of the October First Friday Art Walk, the Santa Cruz Economic Development Office is partnering with the Cosmic design agency for the 2016 Choose Santa Cruz Pop-up Market.
On Friday, October 7th, join us at the Cosmic studio in Downtown Santa Cruz at 115 Cooper Street (corner of Cooper & Front Streets) from 5-9PM for an evening celebrating living, working, playing, eating, and drinking in Santa Cruz.
Last year’s launch event for the Choose Santa Cruz brand and website was such a success that we’re doing it again! Businesses from across the city will be in the studio displaying,and selling, some of the awesome products and services produced within the Santa Cruz city limits.
Featured businesses include:
- Coffeeville: Local family-owned and operated, Coffeeville on Ocean Ave offers Single Origin Coffees, roasted in small batches.
- Childish Santa Cruz: The local source for toys that promote creativity and imagination play for children, Childish specializes in locally made products, toys, kids clothing and baby items. The curated selection is made up of items that the owners love and see themselves using with their own kids. At Childish you’ll find mainly modern, organic, bamboo, muslin cotton, and natural rubber items.
- Makse Bar: Makse treats start with Butter, Marshmallows… And Crispies. They then add their own extracts, local nuts & fruits, local candies, and more! From toasted coconut and chocolate to Amaretto and even a Bourbon Bacon, they make a new flavor every month. You’ll just have to be there to discover what yummy flavors they bring.
- Farmer Freed Culinary Salt Blends: Farmer Freed’s culinary salt blends are made with organic and seasonal ingredients from local farms along the California Central Coast, and handcrafted in micro batches in downtown Santa Cruz, California.
- Agency: Located in downtown Santa Cruz, Agency features "great stuff for great spaces." They carry contemporary home goods and lifestyle accessories, such as tabletop items, clocks, linens, lighting, and more, plus their house-brand furniture line - Telegenic California.
- Glow Candle Lounge: An offshoot of the popular Petroglyph ceramics studio, the Glow candle-making studio, soon to open on Pacific Avenue, provides space for people to express themselves by making precious, personal, beautiful, and functional candles.
- A'zaht Designs: One of a kind, handcrafted jewelry and metalsmithing by Amy Allen that’s both playful and meaningful.
- Companion Bakeshop: Hailing from the Westside, Companion’s a love story of bread, pastries, coffee, and community.
- Hive & Hum: A curated lifestyle shop of Home, Garden, Gifts and Apiary Goods inspired by the humble bumble of the Honeybee.
- Santa Cruz Mountain Winegrowers Association: Taste local wine and get the scoop on their Passport program involving 50+ wineries throughout the Santa Cruz Mountains.
- Lúpulo Craft Beer House is on tap to pour their latest selection of beer and they’ll be serving their scrumptious Tapas for the event. With their ever-changing lineup, you’ll have to be there to find out exactly what’s being poured.
Plus, if you didn’t pick up any of the cool, Cosmic designed, Choose Santa Cruz schwag last year, you’ll get another chance to purchase yours.
We’re excited to be launching the Choose Santa Cruz coloring book, a collection of drawings from local artists of their favorite sights and scenes around Santa Cruz. The books will be available for sale at the event and online afterwards. We’re excited to see your creative works shared on social media through at #ColoringSC. We’ll have space available, along with colored pencils, for people to color in books they buy at the event. Special thanks to our colored pencil sponsor, Palace Art & Office Supply who believe that every day is a canvas.
Speaking of art, Arts Council Santa Cruz County is co-sponsoring the Pop-up Market. Through their Business of Arts Seminar Series, they’ve helped local artists start, manage, and grow their art businesses. Check it out here.
Please RSVP so that we can be sure to have enough food and drink on hand.