Project Overview: In 2012, the Kaiser Permanente arena was developed as a public-private partnership between the City of Santa Cruz, the Santa Cruz Seaside Company, the operator of Santa Cruz’s iconic Beach Boardwalk amusement park, and the Golden State Warriors, a National Basketball Association (NBA) team. Its core function is as the home arena for the Santa Cruz Warriors, a franchise of the NBA Development League. In addition to hosting 2015 league champion Warriors’ games, it’s been utilized for a variety of other spectator sports and community events.
The City of Santa Cruz is taking the next step to assess the development of a permanent arena facility either at this site or elsewhere in the city.
- The market support for a permanent arena facility in Santa Cruz
- A determination of the size and features that a successful arena would require
- The extent to which an arena facility in Santa Cruz can cover its operational costs on an annual basis, and to what extent it can contribute to funding its own capital construction costs
- Recommendations on management and operations structures
- An assessment of the economic development benefits that would accrue to the city from arena operations and construction
- The likely future effect of arena operations on existing public assembly facilities such as the Civic Auditorium
- Potential to engage other community stakeholders such as the University of California, Santa Cruz, the Santa Cruz Seaside Company and the Golden State Warriors as a partner in development of a new facility
For questions or information, please contact David Bergman at 831-420-5150 or email@example.com
Just the Type: Sentinel Printers Is Local All the Way
From finding ways to provide environmentally sustainable printing options, to their dedication to paying a living wage to employees, to their promotion of supporting other local businesses, Sentinel Printers is a Santa Cruz business that thinks local.
In Depth: Tejal Sood, Bayside Hotel Group
Last summer we had an opportunity to interview local hotelier, Tejal Sood. She and her family have been in the lodging and tourism industry here in Santa Cruz for decades, and they are up to some great things!
Santa Cruz Fiber
You want blazing-fast internet at an affordable price? The wait is over.
Metro Pacific Station
Metro Station is the City of Santa Cruz’ primary multi-modal public transit center.